Wednesday, April 12, 2006



Italian election.
The front page of the Independent summed it all up for me.
What really made me smile was the bastards suggestion that as the result was so close that they should form a 'grand alliance', a la Germany. Do you think that if the result had gone the other way he would have suggested it? I don't bloody well think so.
Anyway, that's one less mad right wing loon running a country only another hundred or so to go.
On a personal note regarding the Independent, last weekend they offered a free CD & book, entitled 'Learn German in 6 weeks.' As I've now lived in Germany for 6 years and haven't progressed beyond 'zwei bier bitte', I've got a friend to stick them in the post to me. So I reckon by June I'll be sprechen die deutsch, like a native.

No comments: